Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 1998 10:08:22 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        "Georgiana S. Trigg" <gtrigg@rocketmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FREEBSD/COMPAQ COMPATIBILITY

On Wednesday, 26 August 1998 at 14:55:23 -0700, Georgiana S. Trigg wrote:
> To everyone in FreeBSD land...
>
> Perhaps I may have been vague, but the topic of
> my last inquiry (as well as this one) is
> "FreeBSD/Compaq" compatibility.

OK.  This still sounds a bit vague, but I think you're saying "Will
FreeBSD run on Compaq?".  If so, the answer is a qualified "yes".
I've heard of a number of problems, but most times it works fine.

> That's what I want to know about.  Windows products don't work well
> on my Compaq.

Well, Windows products don't work well, period.  If they're doing
particularly badly on your machine, you might have problems which
affect operating systems, such as FreeBSD, as well.  It's probably
worth your while to mention what machine you have, and what the
problems with Microsoft are.

Greg