Date:      Fri, 27 Jan 2012 08:47:18 +0200
From:      David =?iso-8859-1?q?Sieb=F6rger?= <d.sieborger@ru.ac.za>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pf crashes in pfr_update_stats()

On Thursday, 26 January 2012 5:35 PM Ermal Lu=E7i wrote:
> Are you doing frequent updating of tables or loading larde lists of
> addresses in them?

The machine crashed again, and this time I ran ps in ddb.  It shows=20
pfctl running on one CPU, and the incoming packet being handled by=20
another:

db> ps
  pid  ppid  pgrp   uid   state   wmesg         wchan        cmd
99941 99922 99920     0  R       CPU 3                       pfctl
=2E..
100028                   Run     CPU 0                       [irq256:=20
bce0]
=2E..

The backtrace was the same as the last one.

I guess this means that disabling SMP would fix the problem as a quick=20
workaround, but there's probably something wrong with the locking when=20
updating the tables.

=2D-=20
David Sieb=F6rger
System Administrator, IT Division, Rhodes University