Date:      Sun, 02 Jan 2011 23:24:03 +0100
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        Glen Barber <gjb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Request for Comments: Removal of 6.x from FAQ

--=-=-=

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 08:47:25 -0500, Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> I have a patch attached which is a starting point for removal of 6.x
> from the FAQ page[1].  There are many places in the FAQ where 6.x is
> mentioned, some of which will be more in-depth edits and will require
> some significant changes, so I plan to do this in chunks which will
> help make things easier for the translation teams as a result.

> [1] - http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/introduction.html

I'm quite supportive of the idea to remove 6.X bits from the FAQ,
especially if we plan ahead a bit and do it in stages before the next
stable release.  I'd be interested to see, for example, something like:

  January 25                    - remove 6.X references from FAQ front page
  January 25 - February 15      - remove bits about 6.X specific code,
                                  file formats, binaries, etc.
  February 16 - March 1         - verify we didn't remove useful bits

The dates are entirely guesswork at this point, and they shouldn't be
considered even remotely close to a 'schedule', but we can aim for
something like this set of dates IMO.

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--