Date:      Mon, 25 Dec 2023 20:56:05 +0900
From:      "lain." <lain@fair.moe>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PHP Issue - for the sysadmins

On 2023=E5=B9=B412=E6=9C=8825=E6=97=A5 13:23, the silly Odhiambo Washington=
 claimed to have said:
> I am perplexed by a situation here:
>=20
> When I run php -r "print_r(get_loaded_extensions());", I get the output
> below, which has memcache/memcached modules loaded.
> ```
> Array
> (
> stuff
> )
> ```
>=20
> However, when I put a file containing <?PHP phpinfo(); ?> in a publicly
> accessible directory and access it from a browser, the two modules are NOT
> listed as loaded.
> What am I missing?

If you run PHP in the command line, you're using the regular CLI PHP,
but in the browser you're most likely running PHP-FPM.
PHP and PHP-FPM each run off a separate config.ini file, so it's
possible you've loaded in memcache/memcached in the CLI version, but not
in the FPM version.

--=20
lain.

Did you know that?
90% of all emails sent on a daily basis are being sent in plain text, and i=
t's super easy to intercept emails as they flow over the internet?
Never send passwords, tokens, personal information, or other volunerable in=
formation without proper PGP encryption!

If you're writing your emails unencrypted, please consider sending PGP encr=
ypted emails for security reasons.
You can find my PGP public key at: https://fair.moe/lain.asc

Every good email client is able to send encrypted emails.
If yours can't, then you should consider switching to a secure email client=
, because yours just sucks.

My recommendations are Claws Mail or NeoMutt.
For instructions on how to encrypt your emails:
https://unixsheikh.com/tutorials/gnupg-tutorial.html