Date:      Sat, 02 Mar 1996 03:37:45 +0000
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
Cc:        John Birrell <cimaxp1!jb@werple.net.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can we get back to the original theme??

Jake Hamby wrote in message ID
<Pine.AUX.3.91.960301191144.27693B-100000@covina.lightside.com>:
> On Sat, 2 Mar 1996, John Birrell wrote:
> > Grrr. So far I have received 3 copies of this message when I should have
> > received 1.

> Me too...  Maybe its my imagination, but it seems like I'm getting
> multiple copies (delayed by hours) of some other messages too (and not
> just the ones where I'm in the CC: list).

There was an unusual problem on freefall meaning that messages got
``injected'' multpiple times into the outbound mail lists
(i.e. freebsd-hackers-outgoing, or whatever). As yet, no-one knows
what caused this, and it seemed to clear itself up before we managed
to get in and investigate. We found some illegal list subscriptions,
but nothing that would cause what we were seeing. All I can say is
``sorry'' :-(

Gary

P.S. JMB has copies of headers from duplicated e-mail which proves it
     was a freefall problem unlike one anyone on the root alias has ever
     seen before