Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2012 03:21:03 -0500
From:      Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: using FreeBSD to create a completely new OS

The reason for Java has nothing to do with VM's per se but with some
of the networking features I have in mind.  Also from a theoretical
point of view any turning complete vm would do (the actual HW
differences are fairly easy to abstract in the model I have in mind
and polymorphism is a must for various other reasons that would take
far to long to explain so that means either C++ or Java... from a pure
CS point of view C++ is the wrong choice (in my mind the only arg for
it is it has ptr
's which in reality often are too easy to misuse anyways and that's
the reason for wrapping them in Java like I described in the OP).