Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 13:27:17 -0700
From:      chip.wiegand@simrad.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   star office won't install - X related problem

I downloaded all 94 or so megs of star office 5.2 and it won't install. I
am using freebsd 4.5 and
XFree4.0.1. I've made the downloaded file executable and then when I run
it I get the following
error:

glib version: 2.1.2
_X11TransSocketUnixConnect: Can't connect: Error = 2          (repeated 6
times)
./so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin : cannot connect to X server 0:0

I am installing in a term window in X (XFCE wm). I've installed all kinds
of other programs without
any errors, and installed this same version of SO at home on my own fbsd
box with XFree4.0.1
without any problems.

Any idea why I am getting that error?
Thanks,
--
Chip Wiegand
Computer Services

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
     --Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment
Corporation, 1977
 (They why do I have 7? Somebody help me!)