Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 2010 12:20:32 +0200
From:      Nick Hibma <nick@van-laarhoven.org>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        =?windows-1252?Q?=93FreeBSD_USB_Mailing_List=93?= <freebsd-usb@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: USB_VERBOSE and vendor-/productnames

http://www.linux-usb.org/usb-ids.html

"The contents of the database and the generated files can be distributed =
under the terms of either the GNU General Public License (version 2 or =
later) or of the 3-clause BSD License."

Do you want me make this list available in our source tree?

Steps:
1) Write a script to download it and convert it to our usbdevs*.h files.
2) Match the entries with our own and add usbdevs*_legacy.h for FBSD8 =
systems, so recompilation of existing drivers is straightforward.
3) Test. Review. Bikeshed. Rinse. Repeat.
4) Commit.

Nick

http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-current@freebsd.org/msg124948.html).