Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 22:22:49 -0500
From:      Sam Drinkard <sam@wa4phy.net>
To:        Peter Ong <peter@haloflightleader.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trying NT Hacks

One thing that works for me is the portsentry.  It's pretty simple, but
blocks portscans on a large number of ports, can be configured for tcp
or udp., etc..  I have noticed an increase in port 111 and 119 attempts
since I started posting here.. mostly random people, and I do frequent
lookups.  If I start getting lots of trash going to the webserver, I
just use the firewall rules and block the whole shebang!  Works for
me...

Sam