Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 1998 23:57:29 +0200
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@I23.EU.org>
To:        Laszlo Vagner <kf7nn@mutsgo.kf7nn.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: crunch

Laszlo Vagner (kf7nn) écrit/writes:
> woke up this am to find my drive completely wiped out.

	Er...

> i booted another drive and mounted wd0s1 and could not get to my /usr
> or /var slices.

	In light of your above comment, that seems likely.

> should i be able to mount say wd0s1f on /mnt ??

	You should be able to say:
	mount /dev/wd0s1f /mnt
	if indeed the FreeBSD slice is #1, and it does contain an 'f' partition.

> what i am asking is can i mount slices? cause i was unable to even
> see the slices when i ran fdisk it just showed wd0s1 as the whole disk.

	You can't mount a "slice" as such, but you should be able to
	do the above.  Most likely your disklabel got smashed.
	Kept a copy, of course ? :-P

--
							-- Phil

-[ Philippe Regnauld / regnauld@eu.org / +55.4N +11.3E @ Sol3 / +45 33241690 ]-