Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 15:00:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Me Uh, K." <pram512@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Fwd: Re: dump(8) Insecurity/Misconfiguration

[I meant to send this to the list earlier today, but
like an idiot sent it to the very nice Rodney W.
Grimes (freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net), who was kind
enough to reply - which I'm also posting to the list]

Just a side question, mostly-off topic -

 [SNIP]
> For example, an Internet service provider is allowed
> to install this program on their systems and permit
> clients to use SSH to connect; however, actively
> distributing SSH to clients for the purpose of
> providing added value requires separate licensing.

Would it be all right to distribute:
A) at the customer's request?

B) if there are no additional charges for the SSH?
(the actual value of the service goes up, but most ISP
customers don't even use telnet for anything other
than uploading thier webpages - yet it still comes
with most ISP software bundles, and the ISP doesn't
charge any additional fees for the ability, or for the
software- course, last I checked, it's always been a
free program, anyway)

I know we're not lawyers here, and that answers are
only theoretical interpretations, ect.

-mia k. (wishing she'd stop mailing busy people her
relatively irrelevant questions, and wondering what
she's doing subscribed to Security when she can't
figure out who her replies are going to ;)