Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:02:47 -0300
From:      Mario Lobo <mario.lobo@ipad.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (no subject)

On Wednesday 21 November 2007, Jerry McAllister wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 09:11:28AM -0300, Mario Lobo wrote:
> > On Wednesday 21 November 2007, tusar kumar wrote:
> > > hi
> > >    i want to know how can i assembly laptop. i want a video copy
> >
> > Ahahahahah !
> >
> > Sorry guys. That was really funny !
>
> What was so funny??
> I couldn't understand the question.
> But, difficulty with the language is not something to laugh at.
>
> ////jerry

Like I said before,

I presume he meant "I would like to know how to install FreeBSD on a laptop=
=2E=20
Would you have a how-to video?"

I wasn't making fun OF him but the possibility, the image of,  that he real=
ly=20
meant =A0"assemble a laptop" sounded funny, that's ALL. Nothing else!.

English is a foreign language for me one day. I am not a native english=20
speaker. When I was learning english during my 6 months of exchange student=
=20
in a Pendlenton high school in Indiana back in 1975, I knew people would ma=
ke=20
fun of me. I EXPECTED that !. Among teenagers there is no politness. If you=
=20
say something that sounds funny to them, they will laugh at you in a split=
=20
second. No second thoughts about it. I had to accept my mistakes and laugh=
=20
about them too, otherwise I would go nuts. And their laughs caused me no=20
trauma at all.

Being a foreign student from Brasil in a 400 people town in those days was=
=20
almost like being from mars. I went to an elementry school where the studen=
ts=20
were assembled to hear me talk about my country. And I sttod up and said:
"In Brasil we have lots of soccer championSHITS". All the kids broke into a=
=20
roaring laughter. I was a little embarassed at first. I didn't know what I=
=20
said wrong. As soon as someone told me what I said, I joined the kids.

I did not expect my microscopic comment to offend anyone. I sincerelly=20
apologize and I swear that will never ever post an out-of-freebsd-subject=20
comment again.

I sure hope I can end this thread with this.

thanks,
=2D-=20
Mario Lobo
Seguran=E7a de Redes - Desenvolvimento e An=E1lise
IPAD - Instituto de Pesquisa e Apoio ao Desenvolvimento Tecnol=F3gico e=20
Cient=EDfico