Date:      Wed, 01 May 1996 03:18:24 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: libftp (was Re: Running FTP as a slave process ... )

Michael Smith wrote in message ID
<199605010205.LAA23356@genesis.atrad.adelaide.edu.au>:
> Gary Palmer stands accused of saying:
> > I'm surprised it's even on a 2.1 box unless the box was running a
> > previous release and upgraded inplace with a make world. libftp was

> It's still in the 2.1-STABLE tree, or at least the sup updates haven't
> deleted it.  The machine was originally a 2.0.5 box; we have too much on
> it to just reinstall again.  Maybe for 2.2, probably not before 8)

Check your sup is working right:

davidg      95/08/30 00:48:24

  Branch:      lib/libftp  RELENG_2_1_0
               lib/libftp/doc  RELENG_2_1_0
               lib/libftp/utils  RELENG_2_1_0
  Removed:     lib/libftp  FtpAbort.c FtpArchie.c FtpBye.c FtpClose.c
                        FtpCommand.c  FtpConnect.c FtpCopy.c FtpData.c
                        FtpDebug.c  FtpFilenameChecker.c FtpFull.c
                        FtpGetHost.c FtpGood.c FtpIO.c  FtpInit.c
                        FtpLibrary.h FtpLogin.c FtpMessage.c FtpMove.c
                        FtpNumber.c FtpOpenDir.c FtpPasv.c FtpPort.c
                        FtpPwd.c  FtpRetr.c FtpSize.c FtpStor.c
                        FtpSyscalls.c FtpType.c  Ftpfopen.c Makefile
               lib/libftp/doc  Makefile example.c example.tex libftp.tex
                        rus.tex
               lib/libftp/utils  Makefile cdefs.h ftptry.c glob.c glob.h
                        mirror.c readline.c  uftp.c uftp.h uftp.man
                        uftpcmd.c
  Log:
  Nuke this from the release.

It's certainly gone from both (checked out) source trees on freefall
that the sup collections run from.

Gary
--
Gary Palmer                                            FreeBSD Core Team Member
FreeBSD - Turning PC's into workstations. See http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/ for info.