Date:      Thu, 15 Jan 2004 21:40:03 -0500
From:      Aaron Dudek <adudek@gwu.edu>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About FreeBSD for SPARC64

    >From: Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
    >Subject: Re: About FreeBSD for SPARC64
    >To: mizhe zhen <mizhe20@hotmail.com>
    >Cc: freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
    >
    >On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 02:47:48AM +0000, mizhe zhen wrote:
    >>        I have a problem about FreeBSD SPARC64 5.0r,5.1r,5,2r install to Sun
    >>        Blade 150.
    >>        After installed the FreeBSD system, I always have an error message:
    >>
    >>        IOMMU fault virtual address 0xdf000000
    >>        panic: pcib: uncorrectalbe DMA error AFAR ox804000 AFSR
    >>        0x210000ff00000000
    >>
    >>        And then auto reboot system.
    >>        Please help me solve this problem.
    >
    >You cannot install this system on the video console.  You must
    >use serial console.  The FreeBSD/sparc64 port doesn't support the
    >PGX video framebuffers.  Also, there are problems with USB on
    >sparc64, though I'm not sure if this has been resolved recently.
    >
    >Regards,
    >--
    >wca
    >
    >------------------------------

    The USB keyboard appears to be supported on the sun blade 100 in 5.2-Release.
    I do notice that it is rather slow. To slow to be used as a workstation.
    Does anyone know how to speed this up or should I go to a different distro?

    Sun Blade 100 (UltraSPARC-IIe), No Keyboard
    Copyright 1998-2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All rights reserved.
    OpenBoot 4.10.6, 512 MB memory installed, Serial #51178733.
    Ethernet address 0:3:ba:c:ec:ed, Host ID: 830ceced.

    Boot device: disk:a  File and args:

    >> FreeBSD/sparc64 boot block
       Boot path:   /pci@1f,0/ide@d/disk@0,0:a
       Boot loader: /boot/loader
    Console: OpenFirmware console

    FreeBSD/sparc64 bootstrap loader, Revision 1.0
    (root@bobbi.cse.buffalo.edu, Sat Jan 10 17:35:48 GMT 2004)
    bootpath="/pci@1f,0/ide@d/disk@0,0:a"
    [..snip..]
    cooljack# uname -a
    FreeBSD cooljack.sprint.net 5.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE #0: Sun Jan 11
    06:09:12 GMT 2004     root@bobbi.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
    sparc64

--
Aaron Dudek <adudek@gwu.edu>