Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2012 12:14:41 -0500
From:      Denver Hull <denverh@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wacom and x11 and webcamd

Hello,

I discovered this when I saw an update to input-wacom at
freshports.org.  I've installed cuse4bsd, the new input-wacom, and the
latest webcamd:
cuse4bsd-kmod-0.1.23
input-wacom-40.0.11.1
webcamd-3.2.0.2

I believe I've followed all the instructions properly, and when I start
webcamd, everything seems to be correct:
Attached ugen1.2[0] to cuse unit 0
Creating /dev/input/event0

According to dmesg, ugen1.2 is the correct device (I have a Bamboo Pen):
ugen1.2: <Wacom Co.,Ltd.> at usbus1

The /dev/input/event0 node is indeed created.  However, when I start X,
I get the following:
(EE) stylus: Wacom X driver can't grab event device (Bad address)
(EE) eraser: Wacom X driver can't grab event device (Bad address)
(EE) cursor: Wacom X driver can't grab event device (Bad address)
(EE) pad: Wacom X driver can't grab event device (Bad address)
(EE) touch: Wacom X driver can't grab event device (Bad address)
Protocol not supported by server

The last line repeats indefinitely, and X never finishes starting up.
The system I'm trying this on is 8.3-PRERELEASE.  I had tried this
quickly a while ago on 8.2-STABLE with similar results.

Does anyone have any ideas about what might be wrong?

Regards,

Denver