Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 1996 19:05:11 +0200
From:      regnauld@tetard.glou.eu.org (Philippe Regnauld)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hercules (MDA) adapter and FreeBSD

Hi all,

	I've finally gotten hold of a Hercules mono adapter and monitor.
	It  seems to work fine  except when I boot FreeBSD  and the VGA and
	MDA cards are both present (BIOS set to MONO).  The first few lines
	of the kernel probe flash and then blank screen, a few seconds lag,
	and ddb> pops up  on the screen  (mono).  Is this  due to the  fact
	that both  cards are present, thus  creating a conflict (mono being
	probed as well as vga) ?  I haven't tried pulling out the VGA while
	booting yet.

							-- Phil

	PS: If anyone  has got this setup  working, I'm interested (console
	on Hercules, and X on VGA).