Date:      Sat, 01 Feb 2014 11:14:18 +0100
From:      David Marec <david.marec@davenulle.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Upgrade to FreeBSD10] hplip issue

     On 01.02.2014 10:39, David Marec wrote:
> First, I had to rebuild the port to switch on the 'scanning feature',
> which is not available by the binary package, but scanning still fails.

Finally, while checking in the hplip configuration files, I found that
the scanning feature was still disabled in the file
     /usr/local/etc/hp/hplip.conf
So, I changed the entry line :
     scanner-build=yes

and now, the scanner can be used.

I don't know why this file was not updated during the hplip installation.

--
David Marec