Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2000 01:11:38 +0100 (CET)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Roudier?= <groudier@club-internet.fr>
To:        scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   bus_dmamap_load() and boundaries

Hello,

Due to errata, some SYMBIOS chip revisions require scatter entries not to
cross 16 MB boundaries. I can tell bus_dma_tag_create() about a
`boundary', but this parameter does not seem to apply to bus physical
scattered chunks returned by bus_dmamap_load(). This parameter seem to
only apply to memory allocated using bus_dmamem_alloc().

Is this the expected behaviour or am I missing something?

In my opinion, the `boundary' passed to bus_dma_tag_create() should apply
to scattered entries returned by bus_dmamap_load(), otherwise it does not
seem this useful to me.

G=E9rard.