Date:      Sun, 16 Nov 1997 20:14:01 -0500
From:      Drew Derbyshire <ahd@kew.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.DK>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Challanges and distributed computing

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <19971116154225.31523@vmunix.com>, Mark Mayo writes:
>
> >So everyone go out and grab the client at www.distributed.net/rc5/ and
> >configure it to report as email team-freebsd@circle.net if you want to
> >help out. www.circle.net/team-freebsd/ has more info.
>
> yes, go for it!

Okay, I have taken the bait and fired it off on a spare virtual console
with the requested return address.  I presume it _knows_ it's a FreeBSD
client and reports same to the bean counters?   No additional work is
needed?

In a semi-related item, has anyone ever brought a MathLink client up on
FreeBSD communicating with a Mathematica client running on a PC
(Windows/Mac/whatever) GUI?  My spouse the MIT geek wants to ...

--
Internet:       ahd@kew.com             Voice:          781-279-9812

 You are in a maze of little twisty passages, all alike