Date:      Thu, 1 Oct 1998 12:45:21 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        eculp@webwizard.org.mx (Edwin Culp)
Cc:        bright@hotjobs.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: possibly fixed sound code for 3.0-current

> I have been running elf for several weeks.  I have a problem with my
> sound card, that worked fine before.  I have been testing it everyday
> after my make world, thinking that I would fix itself :-)  No such luck.
>
>  # cat /dev/sndstat
> FreeBSD Audio Driver (980215) Sep 27 1998 10:25:53
> Installed devices:
> pcm0: <mss> at 0x530 irq 5 dma 1:1
>
> >From dmesg:
> pcm0 at 0x530 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0xa600 on isa
> mss_attach <mss>0 at 0x530 irq 5 dma 1:1 flags 0xa600

don't you have "controller pnp0" in your kernel ?
you should configure your card to use the second dma channel as well
(something that pnp does for you).

MSS with a single dma channel definitel does not work and it is not
worthwhile trying to fix it since all the MSS cards i know are full
duplex.

	cheers
	luigi