Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 2002 22:46:35 -0700
From:      "Corey Snow" <corey@snowpoint.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   X Windows question

I have a FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE box, with which I'd like to tinker with
X. However, I don't want to use the box itself for viewing, but a
Windows X Server (Cygwin with XFree86).

Do I have to install the entire XFree system, or can I just install
an X window manager and be done with it? I'm not sure how to get
started. If I just wanted to use the FreeBSD box itself for display
as well as running programs, this would be easy.

Thanks for any assistance,

Corey Snow