Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 2020 19:05:32 +0530
From:      ankit raheja <ankitraheja09@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   BBR States transition from ProbeRTT to StartUP

Hi,

I have a query regarding BBR States transition from ProbeRTT to Startup
State.
As per the code, when a TCP connection leaves Startup State, the variable
"bbr->rc_filled_pipe" gets set to 1.

When the same connection decided to exit from the ProbeRTT state, it
invokes the bbr_exit_probe_rtt() API, where it tried to transit either to
Startup State or ProbeBW state based upon the bbr->rc_filled_pipe. If the
bbr->rc_filled_pipe has a value 1, it will transit to ProbeBW otherwise to
Startup State.

*Further, no where in the code, the bbr->rc_filled_pipe is getting set to
0.*

Can you please help me, under which scenario the connection can again enter
to Startup state? Or It would never get into the Startup State again?

Should not we set the rc_filled_pipe = 0 when we come to the Probe state
from Drain or Startup state. In addition to this if we get into the state
of SUB_DRAIN then we can set this to rc_filled_pipe. Any time we transition
to any state then it should be set to 0.

Please provide your valuable inputs on the same.

Thanks,
Ankit