Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 2015 23:02:38 +0100
From:      Milan Obuch <freebsd-ports@dino.sk>
To:        xavier@groumpf.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port require a missing libraries: libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0

On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 00:34:42 +0100
Xavier <xavier@groumpf.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I ran in a strange problem I cannot fix :
>
> [root@valinor ~]# pkg check -d
> Checking all packages: 100%
> graphviz has require a missing libraries: libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0
> gtk-engines2 has require a missing libraries: libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0
> gtk-update-icon-cache has require a missing libraries:
> libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0
> gtk2 has require a missing libraries: libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0
> [...]
>
> However, GTK programs run fine, and the library is here :
>
> [root@valinor ~]# pkg which /usr/local/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0
> /usr/local/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 was installed by package
> gdk-pixbuf2-2.32.1
> [root@valinor ~]# ls -alF /usr/local/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0
> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  29 Nov 22 00:10
> /usr/local/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0@ ->
> libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0.3200.1
>
> So I rebuild the whole stuff :
>
> [root@valinor ~]# portupgrade -vf graphviz gtk-engines2
> gtk-update-icon-cache gtk2 [...]
>
> The build process finishes fine but the error "has require a missing
> libraries: libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0" is still here
>
> How can this happen ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Xav

Hi,

while I have no answer, just some more observation. In my case, I have
three instances with this kind of error, with various packages
installed, with the same library 'missing', but everything works. It
occured for the first time after upgrading pkg, maybe from version 1.4
to 1.5 or something similar, I have no exact number available. Current
version is 1.6.1 at the change occured 3 or 4 upgrades before.

Even reinstalling everything does not help, so I think there is a bug
in database write function, I just have no idea about its exact nature.

Regards,
Milan