Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 2006 15:39:27 -0400
From:      "michael johnson" <ahze@ahze.net>
To:        "Andrew Pantyukhin" <infofarmer@freebsd.org>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org, Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen@piwebs.com>, Jeremy Messenger <mezz@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NPAPI/XPI support in native gecko apps and other ports

On 7/31/06, Andrew Pantyukhin <infofarmer@freebsd.org> wrote:

> I have a very simple patch which should enable
> xpi/npapi support for gecko apps. Please review
> and comment.
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~sat/diffs/gecko.plug.diff
>
> Michael, I see you're going with the separate port.
> Well, it's good to have more than one solution to
> the same problem, but it would be great to hear
> your thoughts, even most reproving ones.

I know very little about the XPI work you've done, I've read a
bit about it but I haven't really dug my hands in to it.  From what
I've read it looks pretty good.

I do have a question on how everything works, esp. with
gecko.plug.diff patch.

With the gecko.plug.diff patch plugins must be installed before
installing a gecko for them to be seen by gecko?