Date:      Sat, 12 Aug 2000 14:58:56 -0400
From:      "leegold" <goldtech@worldpost.com>
To:        "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
Cc:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: classic newbie inquiry

So this it's a major undertaking explaining this? I would imagine so.
But it's really where FreeBSD shines as i understand it. It would be
glorious, nifty, cool to have a step-by-step explanation of the
procedure. When you have the time and feel like demystifying the web
server setup. I'll go at it like a big dog.

I'd do a fresh FreeBSD install w/out X - that's for sure. I have never
downloaded source and compiled to get a port/app. I've always tried to
get the binaries. There's alot of stuff that would have to be covered.

And now for questions that show my partial ( total ? ) ignorance:

What is the purpose of Apache?