Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 19:08:12 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec Quartet NIC

* Melvin Brown <melvin@mailmall.net> [20001011 18:58]:
=>I have installed the ANA-62044 NIC and am not able to ping anything on
=>my network using that card.  I see the entries for the card when I
=>execute ifconfig -a.  I am attempting to use the box as a router on a
=>network. What am I doing wrong?

Is the card being detected? Try to see from the output of dmesg? You may
also want to check if it supported.
www.freebsd.org/handbook/ for supported hardware

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke  5th Flr Furaha Plaza

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do on a rainy Sunday
afternoon. -Susan Ertz