Date:      Tue, 12 May 1998 18:24:24 -0400
From:      Jason <remaxov@hgo.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Matsushita CD-Rom Problem

While trying to install FreeBSD ver. 2.2.6 I encounter the following
problem:
Sysinstall will not mount (or recognize) my CD-ROM. -
Matsushita(Panasonic) CR-563
I have the four-set of cd's from WC, along with the 1,750 page manual by
Greg Lehey.
Unfortunately, I can't progress with the installation without a cd-rom.

In the manual, on pg. 85 there is mention of the problem that I am
experiencing,
I'll quote the part that is giving me trouble:

    "If you can't figure out the settings by examining the board or
documentation,
    you can restart the system and use UserConfig to change the address
to -1."

Now, the default address is 0x230.  That doesn't work.  I'm afraid I
don't know how
"to change the address to -1"   This may be idiocy on my part, but I've
tried, in
the Parameters section of UserConfig, just about everything I could
think of.

If anyone out there has any ideas, or even a range of address to try, I
would be
grateful.

Jason