Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 1996 07:50:53 -0400
From:      "Gary Chrysler" <tcg@ime.net>
To:        <waldo@radfx.com>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem with DOS install

I *belive* the problem here is 'filenames', The install is looking for
packages with a .tgz extension and cannot find them.

The best thing for you to do is ensure that that filenames end in .tgz
and then just use pkg_add from the prompt!

pkg_add will work installing from a mounted dos drive as long as
the file on the dos drive has a .tgz extension.

Or copy them to a FreeBSD drive and restore the original filenames!

I find it easier to just copy them to my /tmp dir with a filename like
temp.tgz, and: pkg_add /tmp/temp.tgz
Works for me!

-Enjoy
Gary
Improve America's Knowledge... Share yours
The Borg... Where minds meet
(207) 929-3848