Date:      Wed, 11 May 2011 00:05:05 +0200
From:      Maciej Milewski <milu@dat.pl>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Cc:        Tobias Quintern <Tobias.Quintern@brunel.de>
Subject:   Re: SD/MMC driver for OpenRD Board

Tuesday 10 of May 2011 14:35:39 Tobias Quintern napisa=B3(a):
> The OPENRD-CL config tries to boot via BOOTP/NFS, which seems to be broken
> momentarily. I have an older SVN checkout (r219450) where the board is ab=
le
> to boot from NFS. That kernel is patched quite similar to
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D156814.
> A bootlog of the failed boot is attached.
>=20
> Regards
> Tobias

If your tree is after 20110427 then this may be the cause:
20110427:
        The default NFS client is now the new NFS client, so fstype "newnfs"
        is now "nfs" and the regular/old NFS client is now fstype "oldnfs".
        Although mounts via fstype "nfs" will usually work without userland
        changes, it is recommended that the mount(8) and mount_nfs(8)
        commands be rebuilt from sources and that a link to mount_nfs called
        mount_oldnfs be created. The new client is compiled into the
        kernel with "options NFSCL" and this is needed for diskless root
        file systems. The GENERIC kernel configs have been changed to use
        NFSCL and NFSD (the new server) instead of NFSCLIENT and NFSSERVER.
        To use the regular/old client, you can "mount -t oldnfs ...". For
        a diskless root file system, you must also include a line like:

        vfs.root.mountfrom=3D"oldnfs:"

        in the boot/loader.conf on the root fs on the NFS server to make
        a diskless root fs use the old client.

Regards,
Maciej Milewski