Date:      Sun, 01 Nov 1998 12:28:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Subject:   Re: Installing

Doug Rabson, On 01-Nov-98 you wrote:

>  AlphaBIOS supports using the SCSI bios for booting from adapters which
>  it
>  doesn't have built-in drivers for.  Not that it helps much in this case.
>  You might need another supported SCSI controller to boot from :-(.

I am booting (for now) from the card that came with the machine (BusLogic?).
Can you wlaborate on ``not much help'' ?
The DPT runs its own firmware in ints own CPU (68040 on the 4th generation
cards and i960 on the 5th generation (i2o etc.).  The BIOS is used for
booting and i/o for the firmware on both. I belive I can obtain an Alpha
BIOS.  What should I ask for exactly?

Simon