Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 1999 21:02:28 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP causes irc to fail

I'm setting up PPP on a box (kennett) for a friend.  For the time being,
it's connected to my home network.  Whenever I start ppp on kennett, my
irc session on wocker fails.  Wocker is an NT box which uses another
freebsd box as it's gateway.  That gateway uses an ADSL connection to my
ISP.  The traffic problem occurs whether or not the gateway is defined as
the ppp box's defaultrouter.

Any idea why a ppp session on one box would affect irc traffic going out
on another box?

--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary