Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:59:40 -0800
From:      "Seamus.Venasse" <Seamus.Venasse@polaris.ca>
To:        "'Marko Cuk'" <cuk@cuk.nu>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Amavis 11

Ok, I configured my Makefile exactly how you have it and tried, and sure
enough it failed.  However, further up the configuration listing, I found
the following:

configure: error: Incompatible options --enable-relay and --enable-smtp

Due to the fact that amavis-perl supports multiple MTAs, and each MTA is
unique in configuration, I have written the Makefile to accommodate each of
these differences.  If you don't specify which MTA to use (currently only
qmail and sendmail are supported), the Makefile assumes you want to install
for sendmail.  If you look further down the Makefile, you'll find:

.if !defined(MTA)
MTA?=   sendmail
DIROWNER?=      root:daemon
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=       --enable-relay
.endif

Just comment out the "CONFIGURE_ARGS" in that section and you will be able
to compile amavis-perl without a problem.  I should have the patches ready
for both postfix and milter early next week.

Seamus