Date:      Wed, 09 Aug 2006 00:32:06 -0300
From:      Sergio Lenzi <lenzi@k1.com.br>
To:        Nagy =?ISO-8859-1?Q?L=E1szl=F3?= Zsolt <nagylzs@freemail.hu>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cheap terminals for FreeBSD

Em Ter, 2006-08-08 às 21:20 +0200, Nagy László Zsolt escreveu:

>   Hello Sergio,
>
> You are the guy that I was waiting for. :-) Now I know for sure that it
> will work.

I am glad I could help you....
have you seen the desktop image????

> I only have one question. How do you setup the sound card? The programs
> are running on the server, right? Then how can use use the sound card?
> Is it that 'noisy' programs are running from the diskless machines? Or
> do you use TCP/IP based sound servers?
> Thanks,

I use the esound esd running on the thin client... I set up the sound on
the gnome sound
pointing to ESD ... it uses the $DISPLAY env and works....
the freeBSD kernel on the thin client loads the sound module based on a
configuration
per thin-client using kldload... there is a configuration saved in the
server for each
thin client... and the /usr filesystem is shared...

I use BSD on the SUN 4 with diskless boot... back in the years 198X

so was quite easy to "remember" how things were done at that time...
if it works on a "286" speed machine... why will not on an AMD 64???

I am 54  and work with UNIX since the 197X....  on VAX...