Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 20:17:03 +0100 (BST)
From:      Stewart Morgan <stewart@visint.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   X - 3 cards + 3 seperate Xservers - how?

Hi there,

	As I understand it, multi-headed X servers allow multiple monitors
to be used as one desktop. Does this also cover running multiple instances of
an Xserver with seperate card/monitor pairs??

	Basically, I want to start three Xservers (Mach64) on the three
installed graphics cards (ATI Rage II+).

	I know how to start the three servers (:0 :1 and :2) but cannot work
out how to use the different cards.

	One last thing, I've looked at XiG's servers, and Metro-X -- neither
of which appear to be free nor compatible with the cards.

	Any help sincerely appreciated.

Stewart Morgan
Systems Administrator

Vision Interactive Ltd
18 Whiteladies Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2LG.

E-Mail	: stewart@visint.co.uk
Tel	: +44 (0)117 973 0597
Fax	: +44 (0)117 923 8522
WWW	: http://www.visint.co.uk/