Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2001 21:44:24 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Jon-Erik Lido" <jlido@goof.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: SiS 900 ethernet MAC address all zeros (me too)

I'm sure that it is working to it's specs.  Whether those specs are the same
as the ones that the sis network adapter driver in FreeBSD uses is entirely
a different question.

>What do I do if disabling the USB hardware doesn't fix the problem?

file a pr with as much information as possible and make sure when your doing
it
that you CC the sis driver author.  While waiting for that to be handled,
disable
the sis interface and purchase a cheap PCI nic.

>What do I do if it does?

you still need to file a PR and cc the author.  It's possible that this
behavior can
be fixed in the driver, and certainly it can be added to the hardware tips
file as
well as the man page for the driver.

The driver author is listed in the man page.