Date:      Mon, 4 May 1998 22:28:43 -0700
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        dufault@hda.com, mjacob@feral.com, rgireyev@yahoo.com
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Target Mode] Was: Ooops - sorry

>From rgireyev@yahoo.com  Mon May  4 10:08:49 1998
>I thought Huyndai bought Symbios Logic.

And now threatened to be bought by Adaptec.

>> > Wrong. Qlogic is still it's own company.
>>
>> You misread me - I believe the "NCR" / Symbios chip company (NCR
>> sold their SCSI chips to Symbios two or so years ago) was just
>> bought by Adaptec.  I mean as long as that group is selling chips
>> to small indepedendent companies such as Qlogic, Acculogic, Asus,
>> etc it should be possible to buy appropriate boards.
>>
>> I personally don't like Adaptec monopolizing the SCSI chip business.

No, you misread me. Qlogic has a separate architecture and makes
their own chips. Orthogonal to NCR/Symbios and Adaptec. I was
just mentioning it as a possible viable Target mode platform
as opposed to trying to deduce target mode for Adaptec (or, rather,
doing the right microengine foo for the undocumented AIC sequencer),
or doing the whole NCR/Symbios SCRIPTS foo (which, as best as I
can tell, works fitfully and somewhat unpredictably in the at
least 20 different OS and target device implementations I've
seen it in).