Date:      Tue, 7 Dec 1999 23:03:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Leonard <leonard@mofo.theta-chi.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NATd: tons of "failed to write packet back" errors

I've been seeing my logs filled with:

Dec  7 22:56:04 mofo natd[14291]: failed to write packet back (Permission
denied)
Dec  7 22:56:04 mofo natd[14291]: failed to write packet back (Permission
denied)

Does anybody know what this is caused by? I have ipfw set to "open" via
rc.conf. I've been noticing that there are a lot of denied packets from
127.0.0.0/8. If NATd is sending data to localhost, then shouldn't it be
going through lo0 which works? Other than the sheer number of error
messages going to syslog, it seems like natd is working fine.

Anybody know why am I getting all of these denied packets and where
they're coming from?

Thanks,

Leonard