Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2000 00:38:03 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Brad Guillory <round@baileylink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: reseting hardware after apm resume

In message <20001009223402.A23804@baileylink.net> Brad Guillory writes:
: I have a "new" laptop and a few problems related to apm resume.

apm on most modern machines is useless.  You need to have acpi support
for things to work well.  Good thing ACPI has been committed.

: When I suspend to disk then resume my sound hardware and ls120
: drive no longer work.  I was looking for a knob that would let

That's because FreeBSD isn't rnning the right acpi routines on resume
to turn the hardware back on.

: Does anyone have any idea where to find such a knob in
: the kernel config or suggestions on how you would like
: the knob to work?

You might want to look acpi in -current only.

Warner