Date:      Tue, 3 Jan 2006 10:53:38 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail_enable="NO"

On Dec 31, 2005, at 6:56 PM, security wrote:

> And the rc.sendmail(8) under 5.4 stable says that "NONE" is
> deprecated and will be removed in a future release.  According to
> the man page,

It says that in 6.0 also, so it will probably be at least until 7.0
that it continues to work.

Personally, I think having to set a bazillion variables to turn off
sendmail in rc.conf and periodic.conf is just a pain (and probably a
wrong design as it totally violates POLA), but at least it is just a
cut/paste everytime I set up a new server.