Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 1997 13:53:18 -0300 (EST)
From:      Rodolfo Heitor Gevaerd de Faria <rodolfo@ravel.ufrj.br>
To:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo)
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: snd971007.tgz

Luigi Rizzo was saying that,
^ > ^ 	http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/snd971007.tgz
^ > ^ 	http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/pnp970924.tgz
^ >
^ > Is this code already in 3.0-current ?
^
^ only the pnp code.
^
^ > I'm trying to put an SB16 (It's not PnP) to work in a 3.0-current.
^ > Everything works fine except for VAT.
^
^ for vat to work you need this new version of the code. there are a
^ couple of minor bugs which you will notice when compiling, you need to
^ change the name of a variable called "events" into "rw".
^
^ 	Cheers
^ 	Luigi

  I've tryed your new version of the drivers and it's really better
than the previous one, I don't get the noise in VAT anymore, and
I have Full Duplex working just fine.

  I had only one problem, sometimes I get from VAT:

    failed to select input
    failed to set mic volume
    failed to output level xx
                           ^^This is just the number of the level.

  Then I have no audio at all, and I have to restart VAT.

  I'll see if I can trace exactly what I do to get in this condition,
I could not force that to occur, it seems to happen after some time.

I'm using VAT 4.0b2 with your patch for audio-voxware.cc, and 3.0-current
cvsuped from cvsup.freebsd.org 3 days ago.

  Besides that everything seems to be perfect.

	Rodolfo H G Faria
       <rodolfo@ravel.ufrj.br>