Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 20:13:20 +0400
From:      Igor Roboul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stopping a core dump in progress?

I'm sorry for misunderstanding of original question :-(
But, even if question author knows about manual pages, then I think
someone else will find "find ..." trick useful.
So, I THINK that there no way stop coredumping in progress, just
because coredumping is KERNEL task, and process is dead.
So, wait for finish and then limit coredump size. As workaround (to free
network and disk resources on NFS server), I think (but I am NOT sure)
you can just unplug network cable.

--
Igor Roboul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia