Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 1996 12:56:27 +0100 (MET)
From:      Michael Beckmann <michael@zit.th-darmstadt.de>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        Michael Beckmann <petzi@zit.th-darmstadt.de>, scsi@freebsd.org, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem solved ! Re: Disk or controller or driver failure ?

> > Are these signs of a dying disk or is it the controller ? Or might it be
> > a driver problem ? Has anyone seen this before ?
>
> Your disk is going mad. :-(

I solved the problem. The disk is OK. It was a bad contact with the power
supply. I simply plugged another cable from the computer's power supply
into the hard drive. Since I did that (24 h ago), there have been no more
disk problems. I assume that, as someone said, the bad contact affected the
12 V supply to the drive.

However, I'm going to buy a better housing for my machine (it runs 24 h a day).

Thanks to all who pointed me in the right direction.

Michael