Date:      Thu, 22 Dec 2011 16:59:56 +0100
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: GEOM MULTIPATH Rewrite

On 22/12/2011 03:05, Mark Felder wrote:

> more benchmarks and I might switch the scheduler to 4BSD because this
> box will be doing nothing but I/O and network traffic and my research
> indicates ULE is not optimal in that type of a workload.

Thanks for testing the new gmultipath patches! I just want to say that
you should test 4BSD/ULE very carefully before making any conclusions
because ULE fails in very, very specific edge cases which are not very
common. I've done this 4BSD/ULE test just for laughs on an network
IO-intensive workload on a 24-core machine and the performance with 4BSD
was laughably slow (which is expected as it is of a very old design).