Date:      Sat, 26 Apr 1997 02:10:31 +0300
From:      Ville Eerola <ville@vlsi.fi>
To:        jkh@freebsd.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems in making fixit disk for RELENG_2_2

Hi!

I was trying to make release with todays RELENG_2_2 source. Make failed
when trying to create the fixit floppy. The error was:

> /mnt: write failed, file system is full
> cpio: write error: No space left on device
> *** Error code 1

I was able to correct the problem by setting FIXITINODE=4000. With
this the make was able to proceed, but the resulting fixit.flp was not
optimum with:

> Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity iused   ifree  %iused  Mounted on
> /dev/vn0c        1087     1080        7    99%     573    2017    22%   /mnt

I.e. almost full... I think, I need to optimize this a bit more I
guess, but it might be a good idea to fix this properly in the CVS
also.

Regards, Ville

--
Ville.Eerola@vlsi.fi	VLSI Solution Oy