Date:      Sat, 09 Sep 2000 01:23:48 +0900
From:      kiri@pis.toba-cmt.ac.jp
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, br@netland.inka.de
Subject:   Re: Can't install print/teTeX!

At Fri, 8 Sep 2000 11:03:37 -0400 (EDT),
Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu> wrote:

> You have multiple versions of TeX installed?  That's really really a bad
> idea.

I don't intend to do that but get *.sty or *.tfm files from teTeX
port.

> You should remove all TeX related ports using pkg_delete, then save any
> special local files in your texmf directory somewhere else, and then rm
> -rf /usr/local/share/texmf.  You shouldn't have to do this, but better
> safe than sorry.

I've installed with PREFIX=/usr/local/teTeX, but didn't aware built
with --prefix=/usr/local ;)

> Then make install in the teTeX port directory again.
>
> If you have multiple TeX installations you will have all kinds of
> difficulties, not only during installation but during normal use.
>
> teTeX includes almost everything you'd ever need.  Once you have that
> installed, install any extras in /usr/local/share/texmf under the
> appropriate directory and rerun texhash.

Well, I understood that teTeX should be installed under
${PREFIX}/teTeX directory and not to be influenced other
environments. Actually, installation directory is taken
/usr/local/teTeX as described in the documents(INSTALL,
QuickInstall).