Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 1997 20:29:53 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rogue board classification

Hi,

> >  who has a SuperMicro P6DNE board running SMP *with* APIC_IO?
> >  if so, did you have to use FAKE_8254_NC (or SMP_TIMER_NC) to get it
> >  working?
>
> I have one and yes I had to use FAKE_8254_NC.

2nd report, I have thus added the P6DNE to the rogue page.  Current users
should be aware that the "#define FAKE_8254_NC" has been removed from
smptests.h.  It is now handled as a kernel config option called SMP_TIMER_NC

for details, see:
http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/timernc.html

--
Steve Passe	| powered by