Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 16:58:27 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Nick Johnson <spatula@gulf.net>
To:        "Donald J. Maddox" <dmaddox@scsn.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bad fcs problem in pppd and ijppp

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Donald J. Maddox wrote:

>     I am seeing the exact same thing since my ISP changed over to an
> all digital system with Ascend MAX 4004s and DM-12 Modem cards.  Wish I
> had some insight for you, but I've been stumped by this one for a while
> now :-(

   I think I might be making some headway with Livingston... I have the
advantage that I can see both sides of the connection, since I work for
the ISP that I use.  The PM3 is reporting "Circuit Disconnect" which
sounds to me like a nasty problem.  I'm perplexed as to why it happens
with both Ascend Max and Livingston Portmaster machines... the only thing
really in common is that they use digital modems on PRIs.

   Anyway, it sucks, and it sucks, and it never stops sucking... yet.

   Nick

--
"It's selling the idea that eating hot dogs is fun. When, in fact, it is a
 violent, bloody business, and it has got to stop."