Date:      Thu, 1 Oct 1998 15:59:29 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Henry Vogt <henry@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De>
To:        zerium@webindex.no (Hans Petter Bieker)
Cc:        henry@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De, joki@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de, dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ELF X11 (cont.)

Hello,
> On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Henry Vogt wrote:
>
> > this is what i get trying to compile the actual kde port.
> > (using an ELF'd 3.0-BETA (SMP) System.)  All goes well (Mesa2,qt140)
> > until and including 'kdelibs', but then 'kdebase' fails:
> >
> > Error: shared library "kdecore\.1\.0" does not exist
>
> recompile kdelibs with this patch. Then try kdebase again. (this patch is
> against the KDE cvs repository, not the fbsd ports collection.)
>
> You might as well fix your PLIST to include kdecore.so.1 instead of
> kdecore.so.1.0 (and the same with the rest of the libs.)
>
> You'll also have to fix the deps in the ports-collection.
> change:
> kdecore\\.1\\.[0-9]:${PORTSDIR}/x11/kdelibs
> to:
> kdecore.1\:${PORTSDIR}/x11/kdelibs
> etc.

[...]
> -bieker-

Thanks first. But unfortunately it still doesn't work.

Did apply the patch and coreccted the PLIST as you suggested,
but the kdelibs are still named:

/usr/local/lib/libkdecore.so.1.0
...  and so forth.

And kdebase still complains:

---------- C U T ------------
Checksum OK for kdebase-1.0.tar.gz.
===>   kdebase-1.0 depends on shared library: gif.3 - found
===>   kdebase-1.0 depends on shared library: jpeg.9 - found
===>   kdebase-1.0 depends on shared library: kdecore.1 - not found
---------- C U T ------------

I renamed the builded libs, (they are ELF) and also changed the
accompanying *.la files to have the library names,
now kdebase doesn't complain anymore..
But  'make' aborts with:

---------- C U T ------------
[...]
checking for kde libraries installed... configure: error: your system fails at l
inking a small KDE application!
Check, if your compiler is installed correctly and if you have used the
same compiler to compile qt and kdelibs as you did use now
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Regards

Henry

--
//
// Do you suffer from long term memory loss ? I don't remember:-(