Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 2000 16:30:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hilighting dangerous ports

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Mike Silbersack wrote:

> Any way this could be mailed to root as well, or incorporated into that
> day's security log?  I find when I'm installing ports, I tend to zoom by
> all the messages.  However, if the info was (in addition) mailed to me,
> I'd be more likely to pay attention.

The setuid files will show up in the daily report.

More useful than reporting startup scripts would probably be a list of
current programs which are listening on sockets (from sockstat or
whatever) - or do you think etc/rc.d changes are also worthwhile?

I've got an improved /etc/security script which I'm working on at the
moment - I'll look at optionally adding this to the report as well.

Kris