Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 2003 00:38:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   odd lack of fonts in Mozilla 1.2.1

Hello All

I've just installed a minimal 4.7 box with X, mwm and Mozilla 1.2.1 (which
is just plain mozilla in the ports, cvsup'd tongight). For some reason
there are very few fonts available in the preferences in Mozilla, and the
ones that are there look *awful*. I installed Netscape 4.8 and Opera and
the fonts are fine with them.

Is something busted with native mozilla 1.2.1? Or am I missing something?
It takes a looooong time to build Mozilla on this box...

I have these fonts installed:

XFree86-font100dpi-4.2.0
XFree86-font75dpi-4.2.0
XFree86-fontCyrillic-4.2.0_4
XFree86-fontDefaultBitmaps-4.2.0
XFree86-fontEncodings-4.2.0
XFree86-fontScalable-4.2.0
Xft-2.1
bitmap-fonts-1.0
fontconfig-2.1_2
freetype2-2.1.2
mozilla-fonts-1.0_1

Pointers appreciated - never had this happen before - thanks!

JB

#  John Bleichert
#  http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg